Reprint of book found in Major Comic 1982, and as a Comix World single 1981. Midnight Fiction shows illos of both QUARK I : DETERMINED TO BE DIFFERENT and QUARK II : DREAM ME A WORLD 8-page 8 1/2 X 11 side-stapled APA style. These releases are SO RARE that even I had forgotten them when I had previously mentioned QUARK. Either Brad W. Foster and/or I had sent these APA style releases to only a FEW close friends at the time. And indeed, QUARK I was written/drawn the year after QUARK II.
Saddle-stitched, b&w interiors on card stock.
In this issue:
* interview with Par Holman
* "Bruce Sweeney's Underground Station" column
* "Comix Wavola", another of Clay Geerdes' history/future history columns in which he attempts to document the newave comix scene
* article on dada and its relation to comix
* news of Greg Irons' death and Kennedy's work on the second edition of his Guide
* reviews, more
Roughly 8¾ × 5½", unfolds to 11 × 17½"
8 tabloid-sized pages
#2020 in Jay Kennedy's Underground and Newave Comix Price Guide.
Page 5 of 6
What Is This Site?
A virtual archive of mini-comics, fanzines, small press comics, newave comix and related items. The physical archive, housed at PF headquarters, is being built with personal acquisitions as well as generous donations from supporters. This project is most definitely a work in progress.